Monday, February 20, 2012

Parents

Hello again :)

I was thinking about all the things I needed to do, and I wanted to share what I've been doing to form a connection with parents in my student teaching placement. Every day I try to take pictures of my students in the classroom (like while they are doing workboard or sharing their writing pieces or eating snack with their friends). Then on the weekends I email parents a few pictures of their child. I usually say something in the email about what we did during the week too.
Parents love it! Most parents are not able to come into the classroom, and they love seeing what their children are doing. I did this when I was working in a preschool this summer, and it worked great there too. It is pretty simple, it connects parents to the classroom, and it connects parents to you!

So if you are looking for a way to be better connected to the families in your classroom, I definitely recommend trying this! Just make sure you have permission for children to be photographed.

No comments:

Post a Comment